Am I using my manual vac head correctly?

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
I just bought a new manual vacuum head. The standard blue translucent triangle head. I am trying to pick up fine silt and/or sand. When I hover the vacuum over some fine sand or dirt it doesn't really catch it. I kind of have to move the vacuum head front to back and side to side and 'jostle' the dirt. Then when I look a few hours later after everything settles it only picks up about half.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I vacuum the pool in a motion you would vacuum your house? Front to back and back to front?

I read somewhere that people have said the bristles could be too long and to trim them?

Also, could this be the problem, if you look at this 'white washer' its bent. Does that matter?

Also, these bristles are very very very stiff. Could that puncture the liner?
vac head.jpgvac head2.JPG

First thing to do is check it and make sure you have good suction. If it hasn't been brushed in a while, and in my experience in colder water, that dang dirt seems like it is glued. You might want to brush it real good first, let everything settle and then come back and vacuum it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.