Am I on right track?

One of your problems is keeping the pool covered. You need to uncover the pool while shocking especially during the daylight hours to allow the sun to burn off the CC's being produced and speed the process along.

There's no formula for how long it takes to complete shocking. I've seen it take a single dose and then I've seen it take three weeks. There's too many factors involved to say, if you're losing so much FC in so many hours it's going to take XX amount of time to clear it.

Maybe, maybe not. Having a high CC indicates that you have a problem. Not having any CC's doesn't mean that you don't have a problem. Funny huh?

Having cc's of .5 is good enough to pass one part of the OCLT but you have to pass all parts before you're done shocking.

One of the main reason I have been keeping the cover on is to keep the leaves out of the pool. We don't have an over abundance of leaves but just enough to fill the skimmer basket reasonably quick on a windy day. Do leaves cause a problem with FC? Is keeping the cover open the lesser of the evils in this case?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.