Am I done slamming?

Aug 20, 2020
Overland Park, KS
It's been 4 days since I started my SLAM, wow, what a transformation.

I want to make sure I'm done and I'm not jumping the gun. Throughout the summer, my wife and I often rate the pool's clarity and to pass the SLAM test, it says the water has to be clear. I would give my pool an A or A- today. No cloudiness or anything like that. Just not epically clear. But if someone asked me, I would say it was clear by definition.

The CC was not to be found. Pretty straight forward there.

Right before bed I added a little Chlorine from 23.5 to 24 (my SLAM ppm from per my CYA rating). I didn't get up to measure overnight to be certain of my ONCL test, but this morning it was 22.

Am I done?

When is it safe to swim? I'd hate to wait several more days until CL is 5-6ppm, but that seems like it might take a while.

I would continue the SLAM process. Clear is crystal clear. Heads or tails on a quarter in the deep end. Also 2 ppm FC loss over night is not 1 ppm or less.

You can safely swim in a pool as long as the FC is above the minimum and at or below SLAM level based on your CYA. You must also be able to see the bottom of the pool in the deep end of the pool.

Go swimming!

Reactions: bradleyofkansas
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.