Scollops

Jan 22, 2021
Brisbane
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi All, I currently use a robot Trident Eco for my above ground. Works pretty good overall. Noticed lots of dust in the pool, something the robot can't do much with. Vacum to waste dumps a absolute Load of water from the pool, not ideal. So reluctant to do that, filtering isn't cutting it being too fine. Is there better options maybe an inline filter on a vacum or a way to boost filtering on the eco ?

You could add some DE powder to your to sand filter (has to be pool grade DE, not garden grade):

You could add some DE powder to your to sand filter (has to be pool grade DE, not garden grade):

I did think about DE - emphasis pool DE. Might see how that goes.

Reactions: mgtfp
Take a few tries and sweep it to a general area, then you only have a small area to vac to waste. It poofs a little, but moves if you go gently. Give it a bit to settle and hit it again. (y)

Reactions: mgtfp
Take a few tries and sweep it to a general area, then you only have a small area to vac to waste. It poofs a little, but moves if you go gently. Give it a bit to settle and hit it again. 

Haha I tried that Created a dust storm couldn't see anything... over zealous brushing , patience is key here. I don't have with kids wanting to swim. I don't want to FLoc really so let's see how we go.

Reactions: Newdude
You have a variable speed pump, right? You could also try to vac to waste on really low pump speed, that might reduce the waste a bit. But my experience is that a certain speed is needed so that the stuff gets vacuumed up before it has a chance to puff up.

By the way:It's easier to follow a thread, when you don't type a reply inside the quotation box, but outside of it. Otherwise people always have to expand the box to read the actual reply.

The other thing is: I just looked into your test logs. Turns out that your FC is too low. Often zero. Your problem is that you keep producing algae, which turns into dust when killed.

1) Do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

2) Follow the SLAM Process

3) Keep maintaining FC according to FC/CYA Levels. Run high on this chart, not low. The min value really should be seen as the last safety barrier, not as a value to regularly target.

Then your water should remain clear.

Adding DE would just help to reduce the symptoms of your problem, but not fix the root cause.

Hi have been slack with the reporting, I was doing a full stain removal. Not updating so dont take that too literal.

My pool is pretty much balanced of late and updating when I remember.
I do what newsdude does and slowly sweep it to the main drain. May take a day of sweeping and letting it settle then instead of vacuuming I set it to pull from main drain to waste for a couple of minute and sweep it in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.