All done :-)

They got a lot done! Now the time consuming part! Cutting all that need to be cut. Here is hoping there is an "artist" on the crew that knows how to measure and cut!
Totally agree Kim, I’m really interested on how they handle this;
7DB14171-6ADE-4FF4-A79B-6B2B88B2E106.jpeg
Additionally, rain is supposed to start today at 1:00PM and we should clear up around noon, tomorrow. The Pebble Tech guy came by Saturday and drained the pool, which he will have to do again, but it is a sign we are getting close to the end. Granite guy also came and measured and we have approved that design.

• Love
Reactions: Ahultin

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would ask them to dry lay that area so you can approve or ask for a redo depending on how it goes. That one IS going to be tricky for sure!
No worries Kim. All the travertine tiles are being dry laid and when we are happy, they will lock things into place with polymeric sand. They ran out of time, the rain started, and material, but they should be back tomorrow along with the carpenter who dropped of the new siding for the kitchen area. Should be a fun couple of next days.

Carpenter showed up today to strip off the old siding, he will start replacing it tomorrow;
9D37762C-B4E6-417F-9C5B-666A7829D0B6.jpegE1C3C30C-1A42-4D21-8E7B-5E73658B5757.jpegA9743E4B-FB3E-4176-9A8C-F64ABB97591F.jpegC1CB44C7-A329-4CB9-867E-47443BA399B1.jpeg
The plaster guys also showed up today, at first they were going to plaster today, but they didn’t like the look of some cracks in the gunite and since they have to warranty things they asked if they could repair the cracks and push the plaster to Monday or Tuesday. They chiseled out the cracks and will repair them tomorrow;
E2645F20-7847-4B83-BDD7-E9C219A5B49C.jpeg1D684361-CD64-41F5-9553-AB3CEB2BA9AA.jpegEA2E03AA-49D6-42F2-B9B5-82443BB55037.jpeg0B9D4998-79D7-46A6-9B8E-19892DE59136.jpeg

What you having put in on the walls?

LOL on the doggie/kitty door! Well done! Make sure the take the ramp off and put the new stuff there as well.

Does it look like any of the cracks go all the way through the shell?

What you having put in on the walls?

LOL on the doggie/kitty door! Well done! Make sure the take the ramp off and put the new stuff there as well.

Does it look like any of the cracks go all the way through the shell?
We are putting a darkly stained wood up on the walls.

Olive needs her doggie door and yes, the ramp was removed for the travertine and the doggie door flap/frame was removed so the carpenter could remove the old siding and then he reattached it so Olive could use it last night/this morning.

The cracks are surface cracks, most likely related to the multi day Gunite shoot. Since they are covering the Gunite with a lifetime warranty they are just ensuring no issues in the future.

@BigPapaSmurf your kitchen is looking very pretty . What countertops you planning for kitchen ..I am thinking of adding kitchen as well to existing patio but don't have much wall space ..Can you please IM me your kitchen design
The counter tops are granite. The design is a simple L shape the a large sink, 32” grill, side burner, and an outdoor mini fridge.
Here is the granite layout which is the closest thing I have to a design;
4787A70E-F476-4E19-BF76-936520F4F9D7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: HermanTX
Thanks a lot ! Wow marble will look so classic and beautiful . The picture helps !
The counter tops are marble. The design is a simple L shape the a large sink, 32” grill, side burner, and an outdoor mini fridge.
View attachment 380900
The counter tops are marble. The design is a simple L shape the a large sink, 32” grill, side burner, and an outdoor mini fridge.
View attachment 380900

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.