Algae without fc drop?

nksprts

Silver Supporter
Aug 10, 2016
NE Pennsylvania
Hi all! Hope everyone is having safe and fun summer. Quick question I haven't posted in awhile but have been avid user of the tfp app. I was just wondering. The weather in PA has stunk and no one has really swam in 2 weeks or so. I have check fc daily and never dropped below 5. I also am only losing maybe 1 ppm a day so don't think it's crazy yet. But I was out draining some water as we have had rain everyday for a week and noticed when I swept skimmer on ground got a little of that what I call algae dust. I checked fc and it was 9 ppm. Is this simply cause no one has swept and no one has swam to stir up the water? I don't have to start a slam do I? Thank you in advance. I've also attached my numbers as a whole.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210715-185142.jpg
    Screenshot_20210715-185142.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 7
Usually dead spots in circulation, so entirely possible not having swimmer load to stir things up is detrimental.
You could perform OCLT to check, but personally I would raise to slam level, do some brushing for a day or two, then do an OCLT to check.

Thank you for the input.

I am not sure it sure looked like a green tint but for like 9th day in row it was raining so didn't get great look. Will check it out deeper this weekend.

Usually dead spots in circulation, so entirely possible not having swimmer load to stir things up is detrimental.
You could perform OCLT to check, but personally I would raise to slam level, do some brushing for a day or two, then do an OCLT to check.
That was a thought of mine too. Especially cause I have the cheap pump the pool came with it that usually is under performing. Need to uprade but haven't yet. As I said I haven't lost more then 1 ppm overnight yet, fc as always maintained safe zones and the pump I usually run 7 - 10 hours a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.