Irvington, Alabama
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
So July 1 I had algae growth in my pool. It's rained here every day this month. Not exaggerating. I killed the algae. Water went from greenish yellow to blue. But it was still cloudy. I shocked, ran 24/7 on boost, added salt as needed, algae dead. Here I am almost a month later and my water is still cloudy. All my numbers are good (except I need to buy more CYA bc I put in all I had left.) I've gotten consistent numbers for the past week and a half.
FC - 3
pH 7.4
Alk - 70
CYA - 45
salt - 3500
6000 Gallon above ground pool with SWG and sand filter.
Wondering if I messed it up.....after algae was dead I put in some floc out of frustration about two weeks ago. I vaccumed to filter and not to waste bc it would have drained my pool to vacuum to waste. I know that probably messed it up. I've backwashed and rinsed my sand multiple times. Should I change my sand? Is there any option besides that?

talliejb

Jul 16, 2017
Irvington, Alabama
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I have a Taylor K-1004 and a Taylor K-1766 for salt. I couldn’t slam bc I didn’t know my CYA level. But I got a test for CYA yesterday so now I know it. I just deep cleaned my sand. I’ll SLAM and see what happens. I’ve been attending Pool School since 2017 and have read a ton of good lessons on here. This is just first time I haven’t been able to get it right. Thanks!

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Great. So you need to get a full proper test kit. I suggest the TF100 or the Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

Reactions: talliejb
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.