Irvington, Alabama
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
So July 1 I had algae growth in my pool. It's rained here every day this month. Not exaggerating. I killed the algae. Water went from greenish yellow to blue. But it was still cloudy. I shocked, ran 24/7 on boost, added salt as needed, algae dead. Here I am almost a month later and my water is still cloudy. All my numbers are good (except I need to buy more CYA bc I put in all I had left.) I've gotten consistent numbers for the past week and a half.
FC - 3
pH 7.4
Alk - 70
CYA - 45
salt - 3500
6000 Gallon above ground pool with SWG and sand filter.
Wondering if I messed it up.....after algae was dead I put in some floc out of frustration about two weeks ago. I vaccumed to filter and not to waste bc it would have drained my pool to vacuum to waste. I know that probably messed it up. I've backwashed and rinsed my sand multiple times. Should I change my sand? Is there any option besides that?

I have a Taylor K-1004 and a Taylor K-1766 for salt. I couldn’t slam bc I didn’t know my CYA level. But I got a test for CYA yesterday so now I know it. I just deep cleaned my sand. I’ll SLAM and see what happens. I’ve been attending Pool School since 2017 and have read a ton of good lessons on here. This is just first time I haven’t been able to get it right. Thanks!

Great. So you need to get a full proper test kit. I suggest the TF100 or the Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

Reactions: talliejb
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.