Algae or pollen?

Jfran0203

In The Industry
Jul 2, 2020
Mobile Alabama
So i work in a pool store and a customer came in with this he showed me a video of the pool and this brown stuff was floating on the top and when this is undisturbed in a bottle or container it sinks but in his video it was just floating in giant clumps all across the pool so i was wondering if anyone knows what this might be i felt and and some particles do feel hard but majority of them dont i cant feel them i was thinking it might be dead algae or pollen but i dont think its pollen season right now... any ideas?

Attachments

• D2FD83FE-1C97-4AE1-82FE-309FE70F4E85.jpeg
    D2FD83FE-1C97-4AE1-82FE-309FE70F4E85.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 24
Welcome! :wave: For us at TFP, it would be hard to tell from the photo alone and without more information from the owner. Might sound odd to you as a pool store employee, but we reply on pool owner home testing with a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit, then we would need to know how the owner has been chlorinating their pool, specifically what products used to see if there was a reaction to what they used. This includes any pool store items they may have added. I agree it seems a bit late for pollen, and if it was, there should be evidence of it all over their backyard.

Welcome! :wave: For us at TFP, it would be hard to tell from the photo alone and without more information from the owner. Might sound odd to you as a pool store employee, but we reply on pool owner home testing with a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit, then we would need to know how the owner has been chlorinating their pool, specifically what products used to see if there was a reaction to what they used. This includes any pool store items they may have added. I agree it seems a bit late for pollen, and if it was, there should be evidence of it all over their backyard.
Well the pool hasnt been touched in two years so i dont think they would know

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.