Algae on Walls with Chemistry in balance

Nickbruce128

May 14, 2018
Doylestown Pa
So I have algae on my walls every other day I brush It off and my chemistry is Close to balanced. Maybe Fc is on the low end for that CYA. People say phosphates don’t matter but they are around 2500 which is high. Any help would be great. I am currently raising the Fc to a target of 6.
Numbers are’

Fc. 3.5
Cc. 0.5
Ph. 7.6
Cya 70
Salt 3200

PoolNewb2020

May 7, 2020
Georgetown, TX
If you have algae then you need to SLAM your pool. 6ppm FC is just a normal maintenance level when your pool has no algae problems, it will not be enough to get rid of it.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
There are three indicators of algae. Only one needs to be present. You have visible algae. That indicates you should follow the SLAM Process

Reactions: PoolNewb2020

Nickbruce128

May 14, 2018
Doylestown Pa
My father In law swears it’s the phosphates. I tend to follow the tfp method and not listen to him. Do the high phosphates play any role here?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Phosphates are algae food. If you kill all the algae, phosphates do not matter.

Be aware that Pool Store phosphates tests are not that good and they will try to sell you cheap phosphate removers even with very low phosphate levels. If you are concerned about phosphates, get the Taylor K-1106 test kit. Then if your phosphates are well over 2000 ppb, you may want to treat for them. I see you stated above 2500 ppb. If that was a pool store test, I would be wary of it.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
SeaKlear or Orenda PR-10000. You will most likely have to order on line. Most pool stores just carry the cheap stuff.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.