Algae in site glass

Kristal

Silver Supporter
Apr 3, 2018
Midland, TX
I've been browsing the forums and saw on an old post that algae in the site glass wasn't too much to worry about. I'd like a little reassurance though so I've attached a picture from today. I did have a little algae on the bottom step at the deep end and it's very hard getting that brush up all the way in there so I'm sure that's how that occurred at the beginning of the temps getting hotter and I wasn't on my A game. But, I've been keeping my eye on it and it seems to have gotten better...just still worried about that stuff in the site glass.

I also have an in ground hot tub that's connected to the pool that used to run off the same pump/filter. Last year the hot tub was plumbed to it's own pump and filter and I've noticed in the past that the basket in the pump (it's a small Hayward cartridge filter) had some algae in it. I've managed to clean out that basket and it doesn't seem to return. I've had to learn to let that pump circulate a bit everyday to keep that water from sitting too long in between uses. That would've been good info for the pool guys to tell me when it was installed but nobody volunteered it. I'm still learning all the time :)

Thanks for the input....seems like by the time my confidence levels come up, something else rears it's ugly head.

Attachments

• siteglass2.jpg
    siteglass2.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 16
  • siteglass1.jpg
    siteglass1.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 16
Not real concerned about the sight glass, but the algae on the steps is. Raise your FC to the top of the target range for a while.

The spa water is mixed with the pool water? Or does it have its own chlorination process?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.