Algae bloom, cloudiness, and the pool still is not open...

I just rechecked the CYA (to be absolutely certain before adding stabilizer) after sweeping/vacuuming the pool and the dot disappears at the full line. Should I round up to 30 CYA or merely put enough stabilizer in to raise it 5-10ppm? I only use liquid chlorine so I am not worried about it rising a bit but I am concerned if it’s too low.

Good morning. I can see the bottom of the pool! 😊However, I lost 5ppm of FC overnight and my CC is still at .8ppm (I was at 1.2 last night) so I am continuing the SLAM. My CYA is testing at 30. I know the CYA is supposed to circulate for 48 hours (after adding it) before shutting off the filter but, my filter PSI is at 17 so I am going to switch filters. If I lose some CYA to that I will adjust that later. Thank you so much for your help! 😁

Great. Not sure what you mean about the filters. If you add the CYA using the sock method, there are not restrictions on cleaning the filter media.

Reactions: Olivewire83
🙂I did the sock method. The stabilizer I used said to let it circulate continuously for 48 hours. Does that only apply if it is added through the skimmer thus allowing it to accumulate in the filter (maybe that is why they recommend 48 hours)? I made sure I squeezed the sock until it was dissolved. So, theoretically, I should not have to worry about that, correct?

If you used the sock method it is fully distributed in 24 hours. So your cleaning the filter media will not appreciably effect the CYA level.

Reactions: Olivewire83
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.