Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a challenge. I’ve SLAMmed twice this summer, in addition to the Slam at opening that was half hearted bc I had COVID.

I came to the conclusion that there was probably algae behind the light. Ive been delaying removing the light bc I can’t do it single handed and hubby has been balking at the idea. Finally convinced him yesterday that this needed to be done. The screw holding it on won’t come out. Its frozen solid.

We took a hose and blasted water around the edge of the light and a bunch of green stuff came out. “Told you there was algae behind there” I said (on the inside.) We poured some 12.5% LC right over the light and brushed after about a minute. I don’t know what else to do. Any suggestion? We are having company this weekend so I won’t be doing anything big until next week. Water looks great rght now.

Just background info: The light stopped working a few years ago. We’ve had so much trouble with the light we’ve decided we don’t want to replace it. The pool builder said that the only thing he can do is screw a metal plate over the hole but that the liner will need to be removed to do that. We decided to wait until the liner needs to be replaced. It’s on its 15th season so we figure it has to be somewhat soon, although it’s still looking really good.

Since I will probably be asked

FC. 13.5 (coming down from Slam)
CC. 0.5
pH. 7.4
CH. 180
TA. 50
CYA. 60

Since the light fixture isn't working and you might close that area off later anyway, is there enough room between the retaining ring and pool wall to use a syringe to inject some chlorine directly into the niche? Not as good as opening it up but might help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.