Algae and trying to SLAM

Tmac14

Jun 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Hi! Thanks for the replies. Pump basket cleaned as well. No stain removers ever.. and I have used Polyquat before in limited quantities, (maybe 2oz a week), but haven't since I started slamming. No chems beyond just bleach, however I do stick a tablet or two in if we go out of town for a few days. They are the cause of all this, since I hadn't tested my CYA for a while and didn't realize it had climbed up to 50. Richard; You mentioned 'scrubbing the filter.' That's one thing I admit I did not do when I cleaned the cartridges. Just sprayed them down really well, and hand cleaned in inside of the canister before replacing them. Should I look into that? This is a brand new filter (about 6mo old) so I'm afraid to cause damage to the cartridges. Not sure how much they can tak
Guess I'll just keep trying? lost 2ppm again last night BTW. : ( I attached a photo of my pool. Water looks rather nice considering the bleach consumption. Puzzling.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    826.6 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.