Algae and high nitrates

Sep 18, 2018
Tucson
split from nitrates Zea3
I am having the same problem here in Tucson. Nitrate levels are too high. Just drained my 25,000 gallon Pebble Tec pool 11 months ago. Am having my supply water tested but it is the same as my house water, not the efluent we use for the landscape. I have consulted 2 pool professionals that have SLAMMED it to no avail.

Welcome to the forum:wave:

Ignore nitrates, they are not relevant in the methods we teach (or any other method really).

What problem are you having? Do you test your own water? Have you read "The "ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School?

T,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to find the answers to all of your "Nitrate Myth" questions... :shark:

It is very doubtful that your two "pool professionals" have a clue about what we call SLAMMING... I suspect they added massive amounts of pool store 'Shock" to your pool, which most likely just made things worse.

My guess is that your CYA is way too high and is keeping your chlorine from working and your pool is green or cloudy.. But, that is just a guess, because without accurate data we have no clue what is causing your pool problem.

Please tell us what your pool water looks like, and how you are currently testing your water. Please provide your latest test results as follows:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt (if a saltwater pool)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.