Algae again!!!??? Am I testing right? (Video)

The swirling & dropping is kinda like patting your head & rubbing your tummy at the same time.
Either u can or u can’t lol 😆.
luckily i can, so i have never used/needed a speed stir.

Reactions: slick-rides
The speed stir is amazing and I can't do without mine. I will reiterate that your drops seem VERY fast. Hold the bottle completely vertical, let each drop cling a second before falling. It does make a difference to your final count.

Reactions: slick-rides
Speed stir was definitely worth it!!! As some of you pointed out, I was probably adding the drops too quick and not mixing properly before. I think my FC readings were off (high) a little, by about 2 drops.

I did an "old fashioned" shock a couple nights ago by adding a bad of Calcium Hypochlorite. I know that's frowned upon here, but have a bunch of it laying around still. Last night I raised the FC to SLAM level and did an OCLT. Didn't lose any FC overnight and no CC. :cool:

I think I'm in good shape. Going to still keep my FC above the recommended range but below SLAM amount, just to be sure any algae doesn't try to creep back.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.