Gold Supporter
Dec 30, 2020
Gadsden, Alabama
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi Everyone! My name is Tonya! Just recently moved to a new home with a 20x40 pool! Sellers left a mess for us when we got here! We moved to Alabama from out of state! Sellers didn’t bother closing the pool down for the season! Instead they turned off all circulation to the pool. So short story- our pool with our new home was no longer blue as it’s been sitting stagnant for almost 2 months! We are first time pool owners and desperately want to get the pool back in range to either close it for the rest of the season or continue to maintain it until swimming season arrives! I have learned a lot so far on the forums just by reading everyone’s dilemmas and solutions. I’m sure I will have tons of questions but for now I’m waiting for pool supplies and test kits to get here to try the “slamming” process!!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Welcome to TFP Tonya. You’re off on the right foot. Once your test kit arrives, post up your results and we’ll get you up and running in no time.
I don’t know when my kit will arrive- I ordered the T-100 test kit that this site recommended! While I wait in the meantime, I have read and read and read everything I could on this site! I have been shocking my pool and cleaning dead algae non stop for almost a week blind. I finally got it blue today!! Do I keep putting chlorine in until my test kit arrives to keep the algae at bay or stop until kit arrives? I just don’t want to go back to square one on the cleaning part! That was a lot of work and rough!