Air pocket around the wall of the above ground pool.

Hello everyone, need all the advice I can get.
I emptied my 24 feet round above ground pool to clean it out (mistake ) while cleaning it noticed rusty spots but i didn't see any wholes, so i decided to fill it with water which took all day to fill only HALF way, now i just noticed big air pockets around the wall of the pool and im worried what could it be? Is the pool leaking? The ground is wet around the pool, also i just found out the pool is at least 14 years old, is it the time to get rid of it ? I didn't have any issues last year. Any feed back will be much appreciated, Thank you all

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Based on your description of the wet soil, it does sound like water is seeping out. If you are able to get in there with some food coloring and a syringe, you might be able to look around carefully and find the leak. To help, often times you have to let the water go down to where the leak is. Perhaps then you can confirm if it's repairable or time to scrap it and the rusted shell. Maybe @zea3 or @Casey will have additional thoughts. Best of luck to you. Have a nice weekend.

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Are the air pockets above the waterline? How long was it empty? How old is the liner? How warm has it been while you were working with the pool?

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
Here's what I think. You shrunk the liner when you drained it to clean n you now need a new one. Never drain an above ground pool liner unless you plan on changing it.

Reactions: zea3