Air leak, please identify this Hayward pump

Sep 8, 2016
Chandler AZ
We started swimming again a few days ago. I noticed today that the return line closest to the pump is blowing small bubbles. I bled the filter and after about 10 mins it needed to be bled again. The first thing I want to swap is the strainer o-ring, since I've never changed it and I've heard that's a common problem area. The problem is that I don't know what model of pump I've got. I saw at INYO that the motor's ID plate is supposed to give the model # of the pump, but my motor doesn't, maybe it's been replaced? I tried googling the model number of the motor (Emerson 1081), but it doesn't seem to link to a specific pump model, I guess it's a generic motor. Anyway, I figured that someone here would probably know which model of pump this is from a picture. Hmmmm, well it looks like I can't upload a picture because I'm at my limit of 250k worth of attachments (yes, it's 2017 now), and the "File Upload Manager" doesn't seem to allow you to delete old images to make room, only add more so the total of 3 small pics I've uploaded over the last year has me maxed-out. So, um, my current pump is black and it's a Hayward. Anyone know what model it is so I can order an o-ring?

grrrrrrr,
c

It looks like the lid is on backwards. The lid has the word "front" printed to show correct orientation.

Make sure that the oring and mating surface are clean.

Also, some silicone lube like Magic Lube II (Red label, not Magic Lube in blue label) would help.

Closer investigation revealed some tree debris (crush ficus seed or something) squashed into the o-ring. I scrubbed it clean and cleaned and lubed the mating surface, no more air leak. I've also ordered a spare o-ring for when I do need to replace it. Thanks again.

cheers,
c

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.