Oct 6, 2016
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi Everyone!

I’m desperate and I need some help. I have air somewhere in my system. When the pump is running, I can hear my sand filter (sounds like water running - pretty sure I couldn’t hear that last year), the filter pressure seems really low (running at 1300 RPM) and I can see air bubbles coming out of the returns. I poured water along the pipes and the lid and I didn’t see anything (which is probably silly but I read on another thread and I’m desperate).

Today, I rubbed vasoline on the o-ring inside my pump basket lid. It seemed to help the air coming out of the returns but if I get close to the pump basket, I can see air bubbles coming in and the filter still sounds like water is running so I’m assuming that the air is being introduced before the pump basket. By the way, I don’t use sand, I use zeobrite.

What can can I try now to figure out where this air is coming from?

-Monique

Monique,

At 1300 rpm, I would expect your filter pressure to be low... at that speed my filter pressure is about 2 or 3 psi...

If you have valves in front of your pump that allow you to select the Skimmer, Main drain, or vacuum,... select each one by itself and see if the bubbles change in any of the selections...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

You really should not use Vaseline, you should be using pool lube...

Monique,

At 1300 rpm, I would expect your filter pressure to be low... at that speed my filter pressure is about 2 or 3 psi...

If you have valves in front of your pump that allow you to select the Skimmer, Main drain, or vacuum,... select each one by itself and see if the bubbles change in any of the selections...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

You really should not use Vaseline, you should be using pool lube...

Thanks Jim! Trying this in the morning!

I didn’t realize that about the pool lube. Should I wipe off the Vaseline and replace it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.