Air/gas under pool liner

Elizabeth1

Jan 2, 2020
South Louisiana
Wondering if anyone knows how to deal with this:
We have a in-ground liner pool, previously placed with a house we bought this past year. We’re having air/gas bubbles form in the shallow end. Its not water, though we do have a lake nearby so theres a ground water pump. When we pushed the air bubble to side of the pool, it blasts up out the side of the liner. It is definitely air. The liner seems to now be stretched and air bubble forms again. Prior to buying, the pool wasnt kept up with, the house was sort of a flip.
Any ideas? Anyone had experience is dealing with this?

Hi and welcome to TFP. I do have to say this is the first time I have heard of AIR getting trapped. Usually it is water. Have you tried digging down to that area by the air pockets to see if you can release the air that way? I am going to put a shout out to some others that might have an idea of what to do. @Pool Clown @ajw22 anyone else with any ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.