Air bubbles coming out of return

Omms

Jul 16, 2019
Fresno, CA
I am in the process of looking for a new pump. In the meantime, air is entering my system and is coming out of the return. It's not a lot though. Most likely it's coming in from the suction side. It might take some time before the pump is replaced. In the meantime, will my filter take in so much air that it will be empty of water? Does releasing air through the pressure gauge/valve remove the trapped air in the filter? Do I have to do this regularly until I replace the pump and find the source of the leak. I am a new pool owner, and I have a general understanding of how things work. TIA.

Omms

I am in the process of looking for a new pump. In the meantime, air is entering my system and is coming out of the return. It's not a lot though. Most likely it's coming in from the suction side. It might take some time before the pump is replaced. In the meantime, will my filter take in so much air that it will be empty of water? Does releasing air through the pressure gauge/valve remove the trapped air in the filter? Do I have to do this regularly until I replace the pump and find the source of the leak. I am a new pool owner, and I have a general understanding of how things work. TIA.

Omms

If your pump is ready to be replaced I would look for air leaks there. I know the rubber gasket for my pump basket is very temperamental, so make sure there are no kinks or anything there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.