DIYLinerPool

Sep 28, 2020
Chicago (West Suburbs), IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi - I closed my pool a week and a half ago. I used the bungee plugs for the return lines. I have an auto cover so they are below the water line. I opened the cover a bit to check something today and I noticed there were very tiny bubbles slowly coming out of of the plugs by the O ring. It was pretty tight already but I gave it a hard turn and the bubbles went away. Should I be concerned?

I'd say that there was air leaking past the plug. If that has been going on for over a week and, presumably, if air leaking into the pool also means water leaking past the plug and back into the lines, then I suppose there could be some degree of water in there. I've always sort of wondered about this while blowing out the lines. If some bubbles are present as soon as the air pressure is shut off, does that necessarily also imply that water is leaking back through? This is why it's a good idea to also add antifreeze to the lines after blowing and plugged.

I'd say that there was air leaking past the plug. If that has been going on for over a week and, presumably, if air leaking into the pool also means water leaking past the plug and back into the lines, then I suppose there could be some degree of water in there. I've always sort of wondered about this while blowing out the lines. If some bubbles are present as soon as the air pressure is shut off, does that necessarily also imply that water is leaking back through? This is why it's a good idea to also add antifreeze to the lines after blowing and plugged.
Thanks - I dumped a gallon of antifreeze in the lines from the pad but maybe ill add more. With the bungee plugs though if I try to blow the antifreeze through the lines it will just open up the plugs and blow the antifreeze out into the pool. I guess I could just not create a tight seal on the blower so it wont be as powerful but still get the antifreeze through?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.