air bleed on Pentair multi-port valve

Apr 4, 2018
Knoxville
in attached pic, i've added a finger pointing at what i think is the air bleed. Correct? I've never used it until today, and i'm just not clear on the concept. i expected some air to come out of the little hole, because i definitely have a suction side air leak, but it immediately looked like all that came out was plain unbubbly water., so i closed it after about 10 seconds. Should i run it longer? It is not at the highest point of where water is moving through the valve, so i wonder if there might be air trapped above it. Thanksfilter valve plus.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The purpose of the air bleed on the filter it to quickly release air to allow the filter to fill with water. It is normally most used after cleaning or backwashing your filter. It can also be used after you open the pump basket for cleaning and restarting the pump may create an air bubble. If water is to that level of the air bleed then only water will come out. That little bit of air trapped above it is immaterial.

in attached pic, i've added a finger pointing at what i think is the air bleed. Correct? I've never used it until today, and i'm just not clear on the concept. i expected some air to come out of the little hole, because i definitely have a suction side air leak, but it immediately looked like all that came out was plain unbubbly water., so i closed it after about 10 seconds. Should i run it longer? It is not at the highest point of where water is moving through the valve, so i wonder if there might be air trapped above it. Thanks
Most multi-port valves don't have those. Since you don't open the filter for cleaning, you really don't ever need to use it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.