Ahhsome water on the yard?

dunginhawk

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2018
CLIVE/IA
Good afternoon folks. So I am about to do my first ahhsome cleanout after 3-4 months of using the tub. We still have like 1-2' of snow in the back yard (where the pool is supposed to be dug in 2-3 weeks).
Would there be any crazy adverse effects of just draining the water on to the yard and melting the snow/frost out of the ground? Its a salt tub around 2800ppm/
just curious :) id love to get my ground thawed asap.

Nope. Not a problem if there’s melt water around. Though you probably don’t want to dump high salinity water like that repeatedly in the same spot. I’d suggest getting a sump pump with a garden hose thread adapter, that way you can discharge the water in an inconspicuous spot of your yard (ie, you don’t care if anything gets killed there). Salt (sodicity) builds up over time in soil unless it has good drainage and a lot of precipitation. High sodicicity inhibits the ability of the root system to take up critical nutrients.

Any water I drain on it will be a 1 time thing... Im just using it to melt ice (tons of snow too) and thaw the ground ahead of my pool being dug. Once thats done, ill drain it out the back of my lot down a drainage ditch.. thanks

Have some fun with it. Hook up a hose and melt the snow in the shape of your new pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.