Ahh-some and similar products

Sjde

Apr 29, 2016
Denver CO
Has anyone use SeaKlear System Flush to know how it compares with Ahh-some?

Also , what do you use to wipe out and clean your spa with when it’s empty during a refill?

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I've not personally used SeaKlear but read a post where someone used it, then used the Ahh-Some and got a mess *more* out with that *after* the SeaKlear.

I have used paper towels to scoop up the schmutz as it appears. I also made the mistake of letting it sit overnight before draining without first wiping the goo off the sides. Well... Big Mistake! It dried like glue and I had to really wet it down again and scrub to get the dried schmutz off. Take that as a warning!! Otherwise I love Ahh-some and bought the large size of it to also use a dab in the washer and dishwasher now and then.

Maddie :flower:

Ahhsomeguy

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
In The Industry
Jul 26, 2016
Vero Beach, Florida
Hello Sjde: Here is a scientific answer to your question as to how Sea Klear Flush compares to Ahh-Some
Hot Tub/Jetted Bath Plumbing & Jet Cleaner. Tests were performed at the “CBE”, Center for Biofilm Engineering at Montana State University comparing the overall effectiveness of many products on Pseudomonas Aeruginosa
Biofilm. Test results confirmed that Ahh-Some had a log reduction of 1.51 and Sea Klear had a log reduction of 0.14. It should also be noted that the amount of product used in the testing was dramatically less Ahh-Some versus Sea Klear. The amount of Ahh-Some used in the test was .0015 ml versus .006 ml Sea Klear. Ahh-Some reduced 97% of live organisms on the coupon surface. Later testing at the CBE confirmed that Ahh-Some had a Log Reduction of almost 4.5, reducing live organisms by 99.997%.

YippeeSkippee is also spot on. Don’t let any of the gunk and detritus materials that are purged from the piping and jets be allowed to dry on the acrylic shell. It is very sticky stuff since it is essentially made up of sugar molecules or polysaccharides. Wipe it as it collects on the shell and other surfaces with a microfiber cloth.
Be sure to remove any pillows or headrests if they are removable.

Here is what every hot tub owner needs to do. Be sure to purchase the TFP test kit and read the instructions.
Get rid of the test strips you may be using. Follow the instructions you see on this forum if you want to experience simple water maintenance. The TFP people truly want to help you and we need users to support this forum. If you need Ahh-Some, it is available at Trouble Free Pool and costs less than most other places.