AGP Rust Removal Question

af66

May 9, 2018
Valatie
In the process of replacing my liner in my 18” AGP...and wondered if I have the right idea on removing a few spots of rust on the pool walls. A couple of the spots are just surface rust but a couple spots (About 2-3” in diameter and 2-3” in height) have some bubbling on the rust although it has not permeated through the wall..would the best course of action be to use fine sandpaper or a wire brush designed for rust (I’m not worried about the surface rust spots, just the spots the have the bubbling)? Also, after the rust has been removed, I was going to use some ZRC galvanizing spray to spray over the spots but do I need anything more after the spray for added protection? Thanks in advance!

Proper prep work is more important here, get a good sand or if you have a grinder get a stripping disk and a wire wheel. Can use acetone if it looks dusty

Use whatever spray paint you like and follow the directions, if you prep it right, it will stick.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.