AGP liner is coming off track

Hello all!
We took our winter cover off yesterday and noticed that a section of our pool liner has released from the track and is no longer connected. It is way too heavy for us to try and move, so we are not sure how to proceed. The liner is original and we are okay replacing, but when looking online yesterday we discovered that IF you can find a liner that fits your pool the price is astronomical this year, like 5 times what we paid for the original liner, yikes! Are we able to drain (or at least lower the water level enough that we can move the liner some) to get it back onto the track and then refill? I have read that liners can shrink with use and really should not be reused after draining, so we do not want to have more problems down the line. I should also share that 2 summers ago we had a bad storm that caused a tree to fall on our pool and bent the pool wall. The liner and everything else was still in great shape, no tears or leaks. We were able to pound the pool wall out to get it almost completely straight and you could barely tell that any damage had occurred. The area where the liner has pulled away is in the same spot tho, so we are assuming the strength/integrity of the wall just is not there due to the damage and maybe the wait of the snow/ice this winter made it give way. Again, we have no problems replacing the liner, and do have a new pool wall we can install as well, but with the costs this year we just can't justify that. Maybe we just won't be able to open the pool??? Appreciate any advice or insight anyone can offer.
Thank you!

HELP! We just took winter cover off and half of the pool liner was displaced and water behind liner. We shop vac'd the water out from behind and seem to be having same problem line the liner is too long and once we get back into track, there is so much excess its hard to push down. I will order liner lock Monday and wish I knew this problem could happen. This is our 5th year and we noticed that the liner got wrinkles in last summer when we swam in it, but wasn't sure what that meant. Is there any other option than using that winter cover that locks in to top row, I hate that liner. Always seems like the old fashioned ones that went over the edge of pool with the big triangular bubble worked so much better, since it kept water. leaves and such off all winter. Thank you for letting me vent. I appreciate the advice and know that we are not alone having this problem. We are in Central PA. My dealer went out of business by the way too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.