AGP Ladder Tip

wcharon

Apr 7, 2021
Puerto Rico
Hi... I just installed a new Doughboy AGP 15' x 54"and also installed the ladder that came with it.

I am a little frustrated and not satisfied with the Ladder. The ladder has a lot of side by sides and swaging moving and to be honest i don't feel confident with it specially on the 3rd and 4th step.

Is there any way to make it firmer that you guys can suggest or should i get a better one?

Thanks in advance for the advise. Attached is a pic of the Ladder for reference.

Attachments

• 20210411_074822_resized.jpg
    20210411_074822_resized.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210411_074807_resized.jpg
    20210411_074807_resized.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 21
(1) Make sure the water in the pool is calm. With a round pool, your return jet needs to be aimed pretty much directly across the pool, or you'll have a whirlpool going in no time. Whirlpools are great for getting all the debris to the center for a quick vacuuming, but awful on ladders.

(2) Weights. Make sure the weights you add, plus the weight of the heaviest human doesn't exceed the weight limit of the ladder. But fill up some old chlorine jugs with sand and tie them to the ladder. Make sure the jugs don't sit on the floor of the pool or ground outside.

(3) Does your pool have a top rail? Can your ladder be secured to the rail? I have a different ladder, but it came with a way to attach to the rail. I had to drill through the rail (the plastic part) to insert a couple bolts.

Now the only time the ladder is unstable is when I remove the weights and rail bolts. Mine floats, which is a ridiculous design for something that's supposed to sit in the bottom of the pool!

(1) Make sure the water in the pool is calm. With a round pool, your return jet needs to be aimed pretty much directly across the pool, or you'll have a whirlpool going in no time. Whirlpools are great for getting all the debris to the center for a quick vacuuming, but awful on ladders.

(2) Weights. Make sure the weights you add, plus the weight of the heaviest human doesn't exceed the weight limit of the ladder. But fill up some old chlorine jugs with sand and tie them to the ladder. Make sure the jugs don't sit on the floor of the pool or ground outside.

(3) Does your pool have a top rail? Can your ladder be secured to the rail? I have a different ladder, but it came with a way to attach to the rail. I had to drill through the rail (the plastic part) to insert a couple bolts.

Now the only time the ladder is unstable is when I remove the weights and rail bolts. Mine floats, which is a ridiculous design for something that's supposed to sit in the bottom of the pool!
Thanks for the suggestions @CrystalRiver ...
Here are my comments:
1. I haven't filled the pool all the way yet. It is around 50% full of water. haven't attached the pump yet neither. Will do that today.
2. The jugs seems a good idea to try but what a pain i will have if i want to remove the ladder for security purposes. To be honest i am trying everything myself and i am 265 lbs. and the ladder says 300lbs but that 3rd step is a real risk. jajajajajaj
3. Yes the pool have top rails but i will try to avid drilling it. Maybe with some clamps it will work. Nice tip.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.