AGP center cap removal help!

Brandon177

Mar 16, 2021
North Kansas City, MO
I am needing some assistance on how to remove the center caps from my pool so I can get the top rails off as the liner is in need of replacement. The center cap is held loosely in place with one screw and the underneath of this screw is held in by a square nut. When I try to remove it, it simply just spins. Any thoughts as if anyone else has seen or ran into this issue? I'm unsure of the pool manufacturer but I would say its atleast 20 years old. An "MB" label is on the other side of the center cap (the piece that is removed from the pic).

I've attached some pictures to hopefully assist with this.

20210316_170246.jpg20210316_170237.jpg20210316_170229.jpg

Thanks,
Brandon

Hi and welcome to TFP!

You are going to have to find a tool to hold the nut. My first go to would be a wrench that can fit over the nut. If you can't get a wrench into that opening then try a pair of needle nose pliers. You may end up cutting it off if their is too much damage to the top or the nut is rusted on. Good luck and let us know how it is going!

Thanks for the responses! I just got the new liner so I will start back at this again. I do have a question though if I really even need to take the top rails and center caps off as I have a beaded liner and not an overlap liner. Do I need to do this removal process if I have easy access to the bead receiver?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.