AG Pool Leak

DuaneT

Jan 2, 2019
Cleveland, Ohio
I closed the pool last fall & saw the water level drop steadily to about a foot below the return inlet. Since the water had leaked below all of the plumbing components I assumed the leak was in the liner. I already had the pool covered for Winter & the snow was flying. I was afraid that my leak may have been on the bottom of the pool and I didn't want all of the water to drain and have to pool collapse. So I refilled pool to just below skimmer level hoping that it would freeze and get me through the Winter. It did. Now that Spring has come the water level finally established itself at about a foot below the return inlet & has remained there for the last two months. I'm guessing that my leak is somewhere around this depth in the pool but I'm not sure how to find it (27' Round Pool). I'm ready to remove the Winter cover but wondering what to do next. Any Suggestions?

You're gonna have to go looking for a leak or tear at about that level. If you can get into the water to do it, obviously that will make it easier.
Hopefully it will be a small break in the liner and you'll be able to patch it up!

Maddie :flower:

I'm more familiar with using dye on plaster pools. You can try it, but you still have to be very close in to see if the drop of dye get sucked in someplace.

Maddie :flower:

I dont believe you have a leak. You said the pool was covered for the winter. It is normal to have the cover displace water (force pool water out of the return due to rain and snow on cover). Fill the pool up and run the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.