After SLAM- Maintaining

Ribbod

May 30, 2018
Marietta/ga
Currently performing SLAM to get rid of algae bloom... Prior owners left Cal-hypo but I finally used that all up... Investing in 10% bleach (HDX brand from Home depot) to finish up and maintain.

This is my question: Once the SLAM is complete and I pass all the criteria, do i continue to add bleach daily or can I rely just on my SWG to maintain the proper FC level? Really don't want algae creeping up again!

You want to test your water regularly to confirm but if the SWCG is sized properly for your pool and is set for a % and run time that makes sense, as long as it's not failing it should keep your chlorine up. I personally haven't manually added chlorine for a couple months now.

Reactions: Ribbod
Coming back to make sure Im on the right track and doing this SLAM correctly... I though i was sharing my pool logs, but not exactly sure how to do that... Numbers below (CYA 70)

6/28 1:31 PM - FC 22.0
Added 177 oz. of 10% LC

6/28 8:34 PM - FC 25
Added 88 oz. of 10% LC

6/29 10:15 AM - FC 22.5
Added 162 oz. of 10% LC

6/29 1:03 PM - FC 28.5

6/29 3:04 PM - FC 29.5

6/20 5:18 PM - FC 25
Added 88 oz. of 10 % LC

How long do I have to stay at SLAM numbers? I reached it twice today then it started dropping and I added more LC to bring it back up... Water is all clear now...

Read the SLAM Process. The three criteria for a successful SLAM are described.

In your Poolmath app, touch the Gear in the upper right corner. Go to Sharing. Select Link from Troublefreepool.com user profile.

Read the SLAM Process. The three criteria for a successful SLAM are described.

In your Poolmath app, touch the Gear in the upper right corner. Go to Sharing. Select Link from Troublefreepool.com user profile.

Yes, I understand the criteria... My question is how long do i need to keep the FC at SLAM level? Does it have to stay at or above 28 until I pass the OCLT and the pool is clear? Meaning- i can't let it drop below SLAM FC?
Reference my FC numbers above...

No logs yet. Are you signed in on your App with your TFP username and password?

You need to test your FC and raise it back to SLAM level 3-4 times per day. When you meet the crystal clear water criteria, do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

The link the signature does not show anything either.

Close your app and open it again. See if that solves it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.