Aerating effectiveness

DjGill

May 30, 2020
New Hampshire
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I have a 21,600 gallon pool. My current ph is 7.2 and TA is 120, so I want to raise the ph enough to add acid, thereby reducing both ph and TA.

The only method I currently have to aerate my pool is by pointing both jets up to create surface disturbance. Should I just use Borax to raise ph instead? Will this be enough, and how long would it take? Hoping to not have to buy any extra equipment for this. Thanks!

Do not use a chemical to raise your pH.

You really do not need to do anything. Just monitor pH and if or when it gets to 8, lower it to 7.6

No need to chase a "perfect" TA. TA is a self-correcting problem - if it's high, pH will rise, and you'll add acid to lower the pH, which will lower the TA. :)

Only need to force it lower if it's so high it's causing a problem for your CSI.

OP question is still a good one. We watch the extreme pool shows on TV, and they always have multiple fountains and falls. It seems like those pools would be constantly having a high pH problem. How much aeration is too much? Too be honest I've been lucky to always have a TA in the acceptable range, and no matter how much aeration I allow for (returns breaking surface, water slide running) I don't ever seem to see it rise very quickly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Y’all don’t have rich people neighborhoods by you, huh ? *They* don’t anything. *They* don’t even pay the outrageous bills to keep it all going, There are people for that too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.