Advice? Pool looks hazy and slightly green after a very heavy rain.

smarkle46

Oct 5, 2019
Valparaiso, IN
I test using the TF-100. We had a very heavy rain last night. (pool was full to the concrete coping this morning.). I drained down enough for the skimmers to function, and tested. FC 3.5. CC 0 CYA 60 TA 70 CH 150. I don't know if this is algae blooming or just dirt that has washed into the pool. Our soil is a heavy clay and sometimes has a yellowish cast. I added 1/2 jug of 12.5% liquid chlorine. I turned the salt cell to 10% from 6%. (Pump Runs 24 hours on 1750). Should I SLAM or run the filter and vacuum and see if this clears up? Photos below. (please ignore landscaping in progress. :)

Attachments

• alt 2.png
    alt 2.png
    661.2 KB · Views: 14
  • alt shot.png
    alt shot.png
    653.2 KB · Views: 14
You raised your SWCG from generating 0.5ppm FC per day to 0.9 ppm FC per day.
Thank you for your reply. At 6 % SWG was keeping FC around 4 until yesterday, when the temps kicked up and I increased the pool heater to 80 degrees. I added liquid chlorine this morning to raise the level immediately, and I increased the generator. If that is not enough, I will keep increasing it. Originally, the pool installer had it running at 20% and my FC was at 11-13, so I had turned it down. I think I want to stay in the 4-6 range so I have a cushion, but do you think I need to SLAM the pool right now?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.