Seminole Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
So things are looking good I have been taking as much advice from members as possible and learning a lot. What I have not asked yet is how long I should be running the pump and at what speeds. My chlorine is consistently high so I am wondering if I can either run my pump less or turn down the SWG which is currently set at 50%.
thanks for any advice

What I have not asked yet is how long I should be running the pump and at what speeds.

You need to run your pump for the time necessary to generate the FC you need.

You can run your VS pump at whatever speed closes your SWG flow switch + 200 rpm.

My chlorine is consistently high so I am wondering if I can either run my pump less or turn down the SWG which is currently set at 50%.

Either one gets you to the same point of lower FC production.

Reactions: mknauss and Skiddy
I run my SWG at 100% and only turn it on enough to create the chlorine I need.. I run my pump at 800 RPM 24/7 unless the SWG is running and that runs at 1500 rpm for 2 hours right now..

some run 24/7 and run the SWG at a % to get the chlorine they need..

it really is easy, just turn your VS pump down to 800 and see if the flow light turn red and go up by 100 rpm. after it turns green add 200 rpm to it and that is your min setting :)

Reactions: Skiddy
So just when I thought I was starting to understand things a little better I came across another thing I dont quite understand. The pump should have been off for the day but it was running. When I looked at the app it says running under "pump override". I see that there is a override for the Ichlor and for the Heat pump. I dont seem to have much control of these settings other than pump speed. Can someone explain these too me?

S,

I don't have any experience with the IntelliConnect, but assume you either have something else running that requires the main pump to run, like a Cleaner, or you manually turned the pump on. Not sure on the IntelliConnect, but with an EasyTouch if something is scheduled and you turn it on manually it can run for 12 hours because the schedule gets our of sync.

Just a guess on my part..

Jim R.

Reactions: Skiddy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.