Advice on choosing an SWG system

waternut13134

Mar 12, 2023
Florida
Hi All, So I currently have a 25K gallon pool here in Orlando FL. With the cost of Chlorine tablets getting so expensive, I think it's time to move to an SWG and need some opinions on what system people recommend.

Even though my pool is only around 25K gallons its located under oak trees so every time in the summer when we get heavy rain it will turn a "tea" color and we have to end up shocking the pool so I think purchasing a unit that is oversized is a good idea, is that correct in thinking?

The unit that I'm currently looking at is the CircuPool RJ-45 PLUS as I've seen a few recommendations and they have a DIY warranty (I prefer to be able to install it myself to save some money), what are everyone's thoughts on this system?
I also saw on Discount Salt Pools, they have a sale where for $5 more they will upgrade you to the next system which will be the RJ-60, Is this website legit and recommended? I tried calling last week and left a message but no one returned my call so I wasn't sure.

So overall, what systems do yall recommend, Is Circupool a good brand and would I be better off with the RJ-60 since I do live in FL?

Thank you for any tips!

With no automation (or future plans for automation), you are free to shop around. For a 60k unit, the RJ-60 is hard to beat at its price.

Reactions: woodyp
Hi All, So I currently have a 25K gallon pool here in Orlando FL. With the cost of Chlorine tablets getting so expensive, I think it's time to move to an SWG and need some opinions on what system people recommend.

Even though my pool is only around 25K gallons its located under oak trees so every time in the summer when we get heavy rain it will turn a "tea" color and we have to end up shocking the pool so I think purchasing a unit that is oversized is a good idea, is that correct in thinking?

The unit that I'm currently looking at is the CircuPool RJ-45 PLUS as I've seen a few recommendations and they have a DIY warranty (I prefer to be able to install it myself to save some money), what are everyone's thoughts on this system?
I also saw on Discount Salt Pools, they have a sale where for $5 more they will upgrade you to the next system which will be the RJ-60, Is this website legit and recommended? I tried calling last week and left a message but no one returned my call so I wasn't sure.

So overall, what systems do yall recommend, Is Circupool a good brand and would I be better off with the RJ-60 since I do live in FL?

Thank you for any tips!

I purchased a circupool unit and it has been unreliable. Previously had a hayward unit, failed one month after warranty ended, they still sent me a new cell, but not warranty on it. Lasted 5 years. Fyi

My pool is 25K gal and I just purchased the RJ60. It was an upgrade for a few bucks from the 45. Still a good price and will fit my pool well. I Know all manufacturers have a certain failure rate and Circupool doesn't seem to be worse than any others. I still have several feet of snow on my pool so it will be awhile before I will use it. This year liquid chlorine would cost me about $130/month. Getting away from the daily routine of adding it and the spot stains on my clothes will be worth it.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I know I’m relatively new here but I would just point out that the salt cell by itself won’t solve your tea color or shocking of the pool (SWG cell doesn’t shock).

Having said that we have been following the TFP method and advice here since our pool was built a few months ago (with a salt cell) and cannot recommend it enough. Even with heavy pine debris and oak cattins falling from the neighborhood we have had a clear pool so far this spring.

B

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.