Advice needed for replaster using QuartzScapes Caribbean Series - Aruba Sky

Feb 8, 2015
Pearland
Hello,

Almost 30 days ago I had my pool replastered with Quartzscapes Caribbean Series Aruba Sky (http://www.nptpool.com/finishes/quartzscapes/quartzscapes-caribbean-series)

Our PB said that I should expect 'marbling effects' / 'slight discoloration'. We talked to NPT and a friend that had a lighter color of Quartzscapes and felt that whatevever happened with the plaster we would be okay with it. NPT said that as long as the recommended pool startup is followed then there should be no marbling. Now, we are at the end of the pool startup phase and want to get a second opinion on how part of the plaster looks.

image1.jpg
image001.jpg

What do you all think? Have you seen this? Any suggestions on what we can do to make the colors ...more consistant?

Thanks

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
LOVE the color and tile combo! VERY pretty.

For the uneven coloring you can brush and they can do another acid wash. Talk to your PB and see what he says.

Kim

pooldv

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Platinum Supporter
TFP Expert
Aug 10, 2012
DFW, TX
Welcome to TFP!

See what the PB says or does first and then get NPT involved to go look at it and help resolve it.

bmoreswim

LifeTime Supporter
Platinum Supporter
TFP Guide
Gold Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
If you can take a picture with the pump off and the water glassy smooth, it will show the surface better...though it doesn't change the above advice.

Paulette

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 10, 2015
Eagle Point Oregon
That is not what it should look like. I hope someone on the site will come along to help you. I also have quartscape tahoe blue and it looks awful. I am still waiting for the plaster co to make good on a terrible job

Dreynolds

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2015
Palm Beach Gardens, Fl

This is my quartzscapes finish today. Mine is 5 months old.

This was during the fill. You can see it look uneven in some places.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to say I brushed mine daily the first couple of month. It took mine a few months to even out. I love mine.