Advice/Direction for correctly wiring Intermatic Timer to 220 SWG

IMV8N

Gold Supporter
Jun 5, 2020
Las Vegas
I have an Intermatic T30004R Timer that is not being used by anything currently. I was made aware via this forum that I should have my SWG connected to a timer. I just wanted to make sure that I am doing this correctly. In reading some information online, I am understanding that I am going to pull the 2 black wires coming from the SWG from the breaker and run them post 2 and 4 on the timer. Then I am going to connect 2 new wires from post 1 and 3 into the breaker. Is this the correct wiring? Is there anything else I need to know or do? Also I am curious about the ground wire coming from the SWG. Its currently in the ground bar at the bottom of the photo. Do I need to run a ground to the timer as well?

Attachments

• tfp.png
    tfp.png
    304.8 KB · Views: 13
Your plans for wiring 2&4 and 1&3 are correct.

Connect the ground screw of the timer to the ground bar.

Reactions: IMV8N
Thanks very much. Much appreciated.
Just realize that with this setup your pump and SWG will start and stop at the same time. Should your pump fail for some reason, the SWG's flow switch needs to be working to ensure that the SWG is not producing chlorine. If so an explosion may result.

Reactions: IMV8N
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.