Advice and help on re-plastering.

Cdex8357

Oct 29, 2020
Houston, Tx
We are remodeling out 22 year old pool. I purchased my house 8 years ago and the pool was already in need of a re-plaster. Here is pool as it sits

A9A472B4-F3EB-4D20-8066-2CB6FF52029E.jpeg
The rock will be removed and a raised wall added with the stacked stone look.

C270B509-02BC-4298-A5F4-B60E8E8DA738.jpeg

my wife really likes the light blue/turquoise glass tile for the water line. I’m having difficulty finding a plaster color that will blend well. Looking for the water color to blend well with the glass tile on the waterline. My pool is 3’ on the sides and 5’ in center.

My PB uses NPT and suggested Stonescapes mini pebble Puerto Rico blend. I browsed around online and this forum. originally i picked tropics blue but that’s to dark and didn’t flow well.

There is not a lot of stone scapes Caribbean Blue on here to compare, its a medium blue.. I found this one on YouTube and the water is great but in other photos it looks different.
E0B4072F-7316-43D5-ABB4-5936EB5C276A.jpeg
The other one we looked at was aqua cool. Light turquoise below looks great

94521EE2-0034-4E0F-9376-14B75851EAD1.jpeg
One last look at the glass we choose
2BEB5D91-8F9F-4C3D-BA0D-0881AB5AB921.jpeg
Any suggestions, please.. this is such an expensive project it’s been driving me crazy all month.

It is so hard! Does your pool builder have a pool set up in showroom or have customers that will let you see their pools in person? and you can take a piece of the tile and see how it looks? I've had two people on here message me and come see my pool in person when they were choosing colors :)

But honestly that is a beautiful tile with a range of colors mixed in it, so I think it will blend well with so many plasters! The only time I've seen tile that clashes is when it is a darker more solid blue tile. You won't have that problem with your tile.

Here is a thread we started to try to help with the plaster color picking out that is SO hard!

Thank you for replying. No the PB does not have a showroom I have to visit them in town, which is not to bad. I’ll have to ask and see if has a connection where people can view the pools he has built
what did you go with? Photos? We are close to choosing final medium. Leaning towards Stonescapes Aqua White with 3 bags of the Puerto Rico glass and abalone added as well.

what did you go with? Photos? We are close to choosing final medium. Leaning towards Stonescapes Aqua White with 3 bags of the Puerto Rico glass and abalone added as well.
Search the forum for abalone- some have experienced staining with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.