TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hey all. I get to laugh about 75 times a day everytime somebody uses the word *colder*. All of our devices autocorrect it to *shoulder*, and with the rare exception of discussing my blown rotator cuff in my actual shoulder, They never mean shoulder. Can the software that edits out bad words be expanded to include and auto-auto-correct so that shoulder becomes colder ? It would be correct 99.9999% of the time.

I think autocorrect is done on your device and not in the forum site software.

Yes. But the forum then auto corrects also afterwards if it’s bad language. So the site could in theory correct the device correct.

Or we keep talking about the shoulder water during the shoulder months. Which, again, I find hysterical.

As a side note, by googling I just learned that ‘shoulder months’ is actually a thing. It refers to the early/late time of a season when it’s warmer/cooler but not enough to turn on the heat/AC. And also for travel it is cheaper because of less demand to go somewhere nicer when it’s not completely hot/cold.

Or we keep talking about the shoulder water during the shoulder months. Which, again, I find hysterical.

You may talk about shoulder but I can use colder on my device equally well.

I was the one who mentioned shoulder months in the correct context. I do not want forum robots editing my posts more then necessary for family decorum.

I was the one who mentioned shoulder months in the correct context
Fair enough then. I gladly stand corrected on that instance. But it does happen many times by accident. Just a thought.

And upon further reflection, I need to completely retract this. When people talk about the ‘colder’ months of sping and fall, it is also the ‘shoulder’ months of winter. So autocorrect messes it up but it is still right. Dang auto correct knows more than we do sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: l1ltaral1l
The only time the software alters words of its a phrase I’ve inserted in. Words that are included are ALL bad words that we want censored. Other than that there is no autocorrect or spell checker as an option as almost every major browser these days has one built in or as a free option. It’s simply not worth the “bloat” to have a spell checker in the software anymore.

Reactions: Newdude
quit complaining about your DARN shoulder
I’m not....... I swear. It’s rubbed in my face everyday like the universe is mocking me. Maybe next time I can hurt my *briefcase full of money*, So everywhere I look I will find another one making fun of me.

• Haha
Reactions: BMK and JJ_Tex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, and our bodies all become weather prognosticators as we age too. My colder in particular.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.