Adjustment to heater pad

asliboogie

Jul 20, 2020
Fremont/California
Hi all,
My BestWay 16x20 pool came with a heating pad https://www.costco.com/bestway-power-steel-22'-x-12'-x-48%22-above-ground-pool-set.product.100601216.html but seems I didn’t really anticipated the sun’s location change with Fall. It doesn’t get any sun right now.
With 1000 FlowClear Sand filter, 6002 gallon water;
1- Can I extend the hoses and move the pad to a different location? I am talking about 20ft move, so I would use a long hose connection. Would the filter be able to push the water effectively?
2- If yes, where would I find the connector hose? Bestway has really limited accessories.
3- Do the heating pad need to lay on the ground? Can I hang it to our house wall outside? (That spot gets the most sun), again, would the filter able to push it up to the wall?
4- We are in CA, the weather gets chilly but if I can heat the pool, we might be able to use it (couldn’t use it half of the summer due to fires and smoke). Is there any other way of hea the pool that is not expensive?
Thank you for your help!

That pump is not very strong so I suspect it will not work well if you try to move the solar heater pad.

Your best chance is running the longer hoses and leaving it on the ground. It is very doubtful you would have the pump pressure to push the water vertically to the solar heater.

Simply covering the pool will retain heat. But if you are not getting any sun on the pool surface now, it is not likely you can warm the water from its current temperature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.