Additional 12V outlet from pool light transformer

norcalpool1

Silver Supporter
Sep 16, 2017
Silicon Valley,CA
My pool equipment setup has the EasyTouch 8P. There are eight breakers in total, but only four are in use.

The pool light transformer is outside the EasyTouch 8P. A 120V line comes out of the 8P, and goes out to a Intermatic PX100 transformer, and a 12V line comes back into the EasyTouch, and then goes back out to the pool light.

ET-8P 120V ------- Intermatic PX100 transformer 12V ------ ET-8P 12V ------ Pool Light Junction Box near the Pool 12V ----- Pool Light

My question is this: When I use the ScreenLogic app on my phone, and click on the button to turn the Pool Light on or off, it controls a relay on the EasyTouch. Is the relay controlling the 120V line or the 12V line in a typical wiring?

I hope the relay controls the 12V line. The reason is that I would like to tap this 12V line to have a little LED landscape lighting (with a switch) as the transformer would have permanent power input, and I could use just tap another output from it.

If the relay is controlling the 120V supply, that would then be unusable for my lighting purposes and I would have to install another breaker+transformer combo dedicated for landscape lighting.

Nor,

The relay should control the 120 volts.. otherwise it is wired wrong.

Show us some pics of the relays, breakers and where the wires come in at the bottom of the enclosure and we should be able to tell.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.