adding salt to a plaster pool

Turn the SWG off for 24 hours after adding salt.

You can add the salt by dumping it in almost anywhere. Brush it around so there aren't any large piles, give it 15 minutes, and brush whatever remains to help it dissolve.

I would like to make a suggestion based on my personal experience with our SWG. If you haven't already, do yourself a favor and purchase this salt test kit. No matter what the installer says, don't rely 100% on the panel reading of the SWG. The danger is that if it is a low reading, you think "oh, I better add salt." Then if the reading is incorrect & your salt level is actually fine, and you add salt, you have to drain the pool to fix that issue (excess salt). If you independently test the salt with a salt test kit, you avoid that drama, which is, believe me, drama.

Interesting to note that when our Pulliam pool guy comes out to test our water he does not go by the AquaRite display - he uses an independent salt test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.