Adding ic40 to PSL4

A,

A PL4 only has a max of 4 programs/schedules and that includes any egg-timers.. ScreenLogic will let you add a bazillion schedules, but all but 4 will not work.

Also, if you have a schedule for Pool.. say 8 am until 8 pm.. If you manually turn the Pool circuit on or off, it can get the system confused and not turn on or off at the next scheduled time.

Show me your schedules... like this..

Thanks,

Jim R.

A,

A PL4 only has a max of 4 programs/schedules and that includes any egg-timers.. ScreenLogic will let you add a bazillion schedules, but all but 4 will not work.

Also, if you have a schedule for Pool.. say 8 am until 8 pm.. If you manually turn the Pool circuit on or off, it can get the system confused and not turn on or off at the next scheduled time.

Show me your schedules... like this..

Thanks,

Jim R.
That’s exactly right Jim. After posting my question I later recalled that I had started it up manually before schedule kicked in at 8 this morning and wondered if that’s what threw it off. I had no trouble turning it off from the phone so will just wait and see that it kicks off normally.

1631753139293.png

Jim - no. Honestly I’ve been too busy and haven’t gone through TFP documents nor the entire IntelliChlor manual end to end but now thinking I should have? I don’t have egg timers set. Should I run it 12 hrs initially for some time?

A,

You don't "need" egg-timers, but if any of them is not set to the default of 12 hours, it counts as one of your 4 programs...

In your case, I would just leave them alone..

They basically allow you to manually turn a circuit on and then have to go off after XX minutes.. I use it on a fill line.. I only turn it on when the water is low and it than runs for an hour and shuts off.. I don't have to remember to shut it off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

A,

You don't "need" egg-timers, but if any of them is not set to the default of 12 hours, it counts as one of your 4 programs...

In your case, I would just leave them alone..

They basically allow you to manually turn a circuit on and then have to go off after XX minutes.. I use it on a fill line.. I only turn it on when the water is low and it than runs for an hour and shuts off.. I don't have to remember to shut it off.

Thanks,

Jim R.
That’s a great use! I would have never thought of that. Although in Florida I have the opposite issue! Lol. There are times in our 2 dry months that would help.
The timing isn’t good but I’m looking at resurfacing next (have to buy another 8 bags). Good installers are a little thin right now.

A,

Keep in mind the cell only tests the salt level at power up and then every 12 hours.. If the salt was not mixed well before you turned the cell on, it could have seen a high salt level at start up..

Glad you got it all working.. :thumleft:

Jim R.
So on day 4 of reducing generator to 2% because 50% was producing too much chlorine. Stabilizer is high (around 100) but that doesn’t justify being near 8 especially with recent rain.

A,

Actually, if your CYA is 100 then your target is 7 or 8... See this chart.. FC/CYA Levels

There is just no downside to being a little high and a huge downside to being too low.

The CYA test stops at 100 so you could well be north of 100... Dilute the pool water with 50% tap water and retest.. Multiply the result by 2..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.