Adding CYA To Salt Water Pool

myname

Jun 6, 2020
Camden, SC
Is it ok to add stabilizer in the skimmer. The directions say to do this. I have a new salt water system in my inground pool and don't know if I can still add cya to the skimmer. I have read to put it in a sock and then into the skimmer. I'm afraid the acid in the cya will damage my skimmer basket and salt cell. Any best way to add. THANKS for any help.

The CYA will not harm your SWCG. Use the sock method as described in the article above. Do NOT follow the directions on the CYA container.
For the newbies... what is the harm in following the container, and not using the sock method? (I did notice the container says to add it slowly, but doesn't explain what is meant by "slowly")
thanks!

For the newbies... what is the harm in following the container, and not using the sock method?
If caught in your cartridge filter, as will happen when you dump in the skimmer, it will dissolve over several days to a week. You will get most of it in the water. A small amount could end up in the bottom of the filter housing and never dissolve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.