Mesa, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
When I read toss the sock into the skimmer. Is this the skimmer attached to pump? Do I need to worry about flow restrictions, I'm starting from a 0 CYA... Or do multiple doses with needing so much?

Intex pools many times do not have skimmers. They only have a return port that pushes water into the pool and a suction port that pulls water out of the pool. In this case where you don't have a skimmer like this:
58949e-a-sq.bmp

Then you want to hang the sock in front of the return opening where water is going into the pool. Use a weight outside the pool and a rope/string to keep the sock at the proper height, in front of the return, not resting against the pool liner.

JVTrain: ooops i should add that to my sig. i do have a hayward thru-wall skimmer i installed also, thats why i was wondering which skimmer basket i keep reading about.

I ended up going to leslie's pool and buying a gallong of liquid for $38 :(

I had to raise my CYA up today as well. Not a big issue using the powder. I used a zip tie to close the top of the sock and another zip tie to attach it the the end of the hose shut off. Placed right in front of my strongest return. When the pool is off it hangs without touching the side of the pool. Here's a pic of my set up:
P1030835.jpg

Reactions: ChelleSte

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.