Bronze Supporter
Jul 6, 2018
Apple Valley, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I drained 4 feet from my 5 foot pool, and refilled. Now the levels need adjusting.
FC 1.0, CC .04, ph 7 6, Alk 70, CH 200, CYA zero.
I just poured 3lbs of granular conditioner in skimmer, and have another 1 lb waiting to pour.
Questions:
1. Can I add liquid chlorine now? I am thinking yes.
2. Do I need to raise Calcium hardness, or just let it rise over time? Before the drain it was at 750.

You should use the sock method to add CYA.

Add FC. Maintain as required using the FC/CYA Levels

Your CH will rise with fill water additions, unless you use softened water for fill water.

Reactions: Fishy1234
You should use the sock method to add CYA.

Add FC. Maintain as required using the FC/CYA Levels

Your CH will rise with fill water additions, unless you use softened water for fill water.
I poured the granular conditioner in a large bucket. Mixed with water, then poured and scooped it into the skimmer. Hopefully its not clogged somewhere. Water appears to flowing alright, and filter pressure is only 10lbs.

Sock method insures all the CYA is fully dissolved. Much of what you added is now sitting in the filter. Most will eventually dissolve.

Sock method insures all the CYA is fully dissolved. Much of what you added is now sitting in the filter. Most will eventually dissolve.
I don't have a sock but will have to put that on my shopping list. The instructions on bag did not mention using one, i guess thats something you experts came up with?

It is a TFP recommendation. I use a skimmer sock. Put the CYA in the sock with it installed on the skimmer basket.

Reactions: Fishy1234
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.