Adding chemicals

Just curious as to why that test kit instead of TF-100?

Stay away from ANY product labeled "XtraBlue" as they contain copper.

You need at least 30ppm CYA in the water as it "holds" on the the chlorine so that the sun won't burn it away as fast as it must be doing now. In hot sunny cliimates some folks add more to maintain their chlorine so they go up to 40ppm or more. Its a trial and error thing so start with 30ppm and see how it goes.

How big is your pool?? What is the finish? Gallons??

You need at least 30ppm CYA in the water as it "holds" on the the chlorine so that the sun won't burn it away as fast as it must be doing now. In hot sunny cliimates some folks add more to maintain their chlorine so they go up to 40ppm or more. Its a trial and error thing so start with 30ppm and see how it goes.

15,700 gallons above ground vinyl pool. 18x33 I could not find the TF-100. Where can I buy one?

liquid chlorine and super shock and I have not added the stabilizer.

I just have a home depot test kit but have ordered the Taylor K-2006C kit.

Yup.... ya need that CYA bad, especially since you are in FLORIDA SUN SHINE!! 🌞🌞🌞🌞

I threw your pool gallons in the top section, and went down to the CYA section and told it you have zero now, but you want 30ppm....see how it gave me the following answer? ")

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yup.... ya need that CYA bad, especially since you are in FLORIDA SUN SHINE!! 🌞🌞🌞🌞

I threw your pool gallons in the top section, and went down to the CYA section and told it you have zero now, but you want 30ppm....see how it gave me the following answer? ")
I did the CYA and I still have all levels very low or zero. Can you give me a step by step for adding chemicals, i.e. order of adding and how much. My pool is 15,700 gallons and above ground.

Thank you!

Ok, look down at the bottom of this page to the link for the "Old PoolMath Webpage". If you enter your pool details at the top and bottom (type of pool, how you chlorinate, size, etc) you can use it to show how much your current level is and then how much you desire it to be- The program will give you specific amounts. Cool, huh?

Add Chlorine, and 30 min later you can adjust your pH. You can add CYA anytime as that usually sits in a sock doing its own thing hanging in front of a water return.

The only chemical you don't want to add on a day you add other chemicals is the Calcium. It gets hot. You want it to dissolve on its own in a bucket of water then the pool.

Recommended Levels

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.