Adding a vacuum port to marcite pool. How?

Evo-L

May 18, 2020
Florida
Hello TFP,

I have a current vacuum port in my pool and I suspect it’s crushed. I have a previous thread on this also.

Anyways I am now considering just adding a new vacuum port to my pool instead of removing my new patio pavers and trying to fix the old one.

Does anybody have instructions on how to do this? Maybe a video?

I imagine the pool level needs to be lowered, a new hole drilled, then filled in with concrete/marcite? If I was to hire a pro to do this any idea on cost? I’m a pretty advanced DIYer as well so I’m thinking to tackle this on my own.

I will let others answer your direct question -- but --- for less money you can buy a robot and improve the cleaning of your pool. Have you thought about that?

Reactions: jmikeb
There are many better pool cleaning solutions then a suction side vacuum sucking debris though a pump into the filter. As you discovered it is not good for the plumbing or pump.

Post pics showing the shape of your pool and it’s environment.

Is it in an enclosure?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.