Adding a sprinkler valve to an EasyTouch for fill line.

Misha322

Aug 25, 2019
FL
Moved from here ..https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/howto-add-more-than-2-valves-to-easytouch-4-8-panel.151896/post-1344552

Guys,

I have a related question. I’m adding a makeup water integration and was looking to use a smaller valve actuator as I will use a 3/4” pipe connected to the hose bib. I was thinking of using a 24V sprinkler valve for that. It comes with two wires for power/control. Any suggestions on how to integrate it? If I’m going the relay and transformer option, it will apply 24V to the actuator for as long as relay is open, any issue with that? Should the power be added only for the duration of actuating or is continues power ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I have a related question. I’m adding a makeup water integration and was looking to use a smaller valve actuator as I will use a 3/4” pipe connected to the hose bib. I was thinking of using a 24V sprinkler valve for that. It comes with two wires for power/control. Any suggestions on how to integrate it? If I’m going the relay and transformer option, it will apply 24V to the actuator for as long as relay is open, any issue with that? Should the power be added only for the duration of actuating or is continues power ok?
Just did my research and better understand how sprinkler valve works. Solenoid only stays open for as long as current is applied to it. Once current stops, it closes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.